We all love a deal, right?
Well, here’s a little secret: Shopping online is not only much more convenient than heading to the mall or speaking to someone in a call centre, but it’s often much cheaper, too. As long as you’re organized, patient and exercise a bit of discipline, throwing out the “I want it right now” attitude not only helps you make the most of online-only promotions, free shipping and coupons, but you can also maximize the availability of a cash-back rebates website, such as TopCashback.com.
TopCashback.com is the nation’s only full-commission-giving cash-back and coupon portal, and it is completely free to join and use. It passes 100 percent of the commission rate that its 2,500 retailers pay it — to advertise their products and services — back to its members as a cash-back rebate. Imagine it as a search engine for online retailers where if you click through its special link to a merchant’s website, it will refund a percentage of what you spend back to you.
Remember, look after the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. Here are my TopCashback money-saving deals of the month:
- Simply sign up to receive emails from MyHabit and you’ll be paid two bucks.
- Got your eye on a sparkly item for you or a friend at Swarovski? Don’t forget to buy it through TopCashback.com to earn 8 percent cash back on full price merchandise or 5 percent cash back for goods on sale.
- Saw 4 percent off the cost of purchases at Lowe’s the next time you want to do some home improvements.
- New ASOS customers earn a 10 percent cash-back rebate on its items and past customers can snag 5 percent each time, too. The additional good news is the store offers free standard shipping across the United States.
- Get a tasty 12.5 percent cash back on all treats at David’s Cookies.
- Knock 10 percent off discounted golf equipment at GolfEtail.com with TopCashback’s special coupon code and earn 6% of the purchase price as money back on top.
- If you’re tempted to take off on a last-minute vacation, check out accommodation at Orbitz and CheapTickets. You’ll get up to 11.25 percent of the final cost back as a cash back rebate.
- Grab a 5 percent cash-back discount each and every time you buy something at The Children’s Place.
Freebie of the Month
Manilla.com readers can snag a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate or card FREE after coupon savings and cash back — today (Monday, August 12) and tomorrow (Tuesday, August 13) only.
Visit Restaurant.com through TopCashback and see if your favorite restaurant or one you’re interested in trying out is listed. For just $10, you can get $25 gift credit for most eateries for today and tomorrow only. And by stacking a TopCashback $4 rebate with a coupon that cuts $6 off the $10 price, you’ll effectively get the $25 value completely free. Now that’s an impressive trifecta of savings.
Quick points to remember:
- First clear your web browser’s cookies.
- You must click through TopCashback.com to Restaurant.com to qualify for the $4 rebate – don’t go direct. You’ll find the special $6 saving coupon code on the cash-back site’s page, as well.
- Only purchase a $25 gift certificate, no other denomination or have any additional items in your cart, otherwise you won’t qualify for the $6 coupon savings and $4 rebate.
- Don’t forget to enter the special TopCashback coupon code on the restaurant-search page or the view cart page to shave $6 off the $10 total.
- At checkout you’ll pay $4. Within seven days of the transaction, $4 cash back will post in your TopCashback account. Between 60 and 90 days later the $4 will turn payable and can be credited straight into your checking or PayPal account, refunding the $4 you initially paid.
- The site lists more than 18,000 restaurants across the country, so you’re sure to find somewhere tasty. Alternatively, you don’t have to select a restaurant right now — you could simply choose a gift card for the site and redeem its value for a specific eatery at a later date or give it to a friend as a present. There’s no expiration date and they’ll never know you got it free!
- Use of the $25 credit will be subject to a minimum purchase requirement, before tax and tip. A minimum spend threshold varies from restaurant to restaurant (though it’s often $37.50 for $25 credit) and is listed on each of their pages, so take note before purchasing.
Further details on this delicious freebie are available at www.topcashback.com/restaurant
Natasha-Rachel Smith is a journalist, consumer affairs expert and the chief communications officer at money-saving website TopCashback.com.
These deals were available at the time of publication. Due to their popularity some offers end sooner than expected so if you like a deal, go for it as soon as possible.
More from Manilla.com: